Translate

About Me

My photo
Circumstances for Clapping Hands is a blog about reasons to give praise to God, despite my circumstances. As Henry David Thoreau once addressed, “There is no value in life except what you choose to place upon it and no happiness in any place except what you bring to it yourself.” The challenges: 1) Find value in everything you do and 2) Find joy in doing it.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Special Day...

I'm going to jump off the (biblical) topics that have filled previous posts and reflect on what a wonderful day I had spent with my lovely wife.

As a teacher when faced with a long period of time off, its easy to get excited about the prospects with regards to things possible. However, with financial struggles facing so many, it's been easy for Lindsey and I to relate. With that in mind, our two loves unexpectedly collided, producing a wonderful day.

Lindsey's love of art and mine of driving, allowed us to experience a day of fun in the sun, resting and sitting at the beach. More wonderful, was that my wife got to paint the action at the beach.

It's a tremendous joy to see a loved one experience pure happiness. For my wife, fulfilling that is easy. Show her love through words and action. Today, I got to tell her I love her and show her the same. A day well spent and a true blessing for sure!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! It sounds like an amazing day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just put up pics of the day on my blog: http://piggyinthepuddle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete